Prior to the first Tandem Product Academy Saturday class each participating company must prepare and deliver to the teaching team a written company assessment that answers the following questions:
- What product do are you looking to scale your business around?
- What makes it special?
- For example, is it cheaper or more reliable than other products of its type?
- Is it unique?
- Does it have more functionality?
- Who is your target market for this product?
- Have you validated this target market? How?
- Who are your founders and what are their roles?
- Are they drawing salaries or other moneys from the company?
- How many employees do you currently have and what do they do?
- Are they paid salaries? Is equity part of their compensation?
- Do you have a separate development team?
- Do you have a separate sales team?
- What is your current revenue run rate?
- What are your sources of revenue?
- How do you currently finance your business?
- How do you describe your corporate culture? How do your employees describe it?
- What is your operating goal for your company over the next 18 months.
- What would success look like to you?
- What are the biggest impediments to your business’ success?
- Having look at the syllabus what is missing that you would like us to cover?