A collaborative of leaders in academia and business
Helping to make the Greater Washington region a leading innovation hub.
The Capital CoLab is a program launched by the Greater Washington Partnership in the summer of 2018 to promote greater coordination of our region’s digital technology resources and talent (press release PDF). Tandem Innovation Alliance is partnering with GWP to accomplish this mission through promotion and curation of event content and experiences. By adding our relationships in the .edu, .com and .gov communities developed through TandemNSI and our affiliate Amplifier Ventures, we are in a unique position to connect innovators and talent looking for new opportunities to grow their businesses and careers with the resources and opportunities that will be provided by the Capital CoLab.
The Capital CoLab (Collaborative of Leaders in Academia and Business) is focused on digital technology capabilities. Its members include all of the leading research universities in the Capital Region, including:
- George Mason University
- Johns Hopkins University
- University of Maryland
- University of Virginia
- Virginia Tech
The corporate members of the Capital CoLab include:
- Capital One
- JPMorgan Chase & Co
- Northrop Grumman
Connecting the District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia’s leading higher education institutions and employers through multi-university and multi-business initiatives, the CoLab’s overall efforts will center on three broad areas:
- Developing the talent and workforce the region needs now and in the future
- Developing cutting-edge technology capabilities to position the region for global leadership
- Improving awareness of the super-region as a leading innovation hub.
The Capital CoLab is currently working on two major initiatives:
- Creating unique region-wide credentials to increase the quantity and quality of digital technology talent emerging from local undergraduate programs.
- Hosting events and engaging in promotional activities that showcase the Capital Region’s innovative research, technology application, and thought leadership.
Tandem Innovation Alliance is working closely with the Greater Washington Partnership on events and activities in support of the Capital CoLab. If you want to be notified of future events or otherwise want be informed on our work with the CoLab sign up for our newsletter.